We are dressing our first batch of chickens for the year as we speak. Here is a recipe favorite of our catering customers. Recipe is for a crowd but feel free to cut it down for a family meal.
Honey Ginger Chicken
- 4 – Diemand Farm Chickens, cut in parts (if breasts are really large cut in half)
- 1 cup grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 2 cups honey
- 1 1/4 cups Myron’s Soy Sauce
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a pan and heat till honey is melted.
- Marinate chicken pieces in marinade overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Arrange chicken pieces and marinade in a roasting pan with larger pieces in the center and do not crowd. Cover with foil and bake in a 400* oven approximately 20 mins. Then remove foil to allow to brown and cook an additional 10 mins (internal temp of 165*)
- Pour off marinade into a sauce pan. Cover chicken to keep warm.
- Heat and reduce marinade by half, strain and pour over chicken.