- 1 lb Diemand Farm chicken breast sliced thinly into bite sized pieces
- 2-3 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle baking soda over chicken breast, making sure it is fully coated. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, garlic, ginger, and red pepper flakes if using. Set aside.
- Rinse baking soda off chicken and dry with good quality paper towels.
- Add 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and sesame oil in pan over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook until both sides are browned, around 4 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Add remaining vegetable oil to pan and add zucchini, mushrooms, and onion. Cook while stirring until vegetables have softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauce to pan, stirring until vegetable and chicken is fully coated with sauce. Cook for about 1 minute more.
Serve with white or brown rice.